close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ways to cook a carp?

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by the dunkle, Jul 16, 2005.

1. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

My friend Mushijobah and I catch around 10-15 carp a week out of the Scioto, and because most people say they r no good to eat we always throw them back. So now we have decided we r going to eat a carp. Just wondering if any of u dudes have any recomendations as to go about cooking a carp?

2. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

Mushijobah and I catch alot of carp and it makes us cry when we have to throw them back in because many people say they r not good to eat but they seem like they would be good to eat. So I have decided to eat a carp, so does anyone know a good way to go about cooking carp? Is there any special precausions that me be taken during the cleaning process? Is it possiable to make, perhaps, a carp sandwich? Or to even go as far as making a carp cassarole?

3. Clean it as you would any other fish making sure you remove the mud vain, place it on a piece of cherry board coating it with alot of lemon juice, bake at 350 degrees for one hour, throw the carp away and eat the cherry board

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you can smoke them, much like you would salmon...small carp are better.

5. small carp....fillet out and rinse the fillet for long time under cold water.cleaning it good.thats the secret, cut to small cubes and coat....deep fry. try this ,,,,it will change your mind,actually not bad at all.

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

7. I know some people who pressure cook them. I have never tried it but it is something I might have to do.