Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife, And Jake and his wife got together for a trip to point breeze, lake Ontario.
First time in my boat always wanted my wife "Jenny" to see how the fight of the salmon is. Thursday after work we left..
Friday morning we started off shore it was decent nw wind. Found good bait and some nice marks in 560 feet of water and 63 ft down fish hawk showed 54° and 73 down was 44° figured it was setup pretty good.
It proceeded to be the best day on the water salmon fishing for me yet. I'm a rookie so might not be that good.. lol
Had Jakes wife a mature fish on in short order and then my wife.
We ended the day putting 14 salmon in the boat keeping 11 and one steelhead for our limit with 9 of them over 20 pounds.
Saturday went to same spot it was still holding fish and they were willing to eat put 6 matures in the boat by 11 then took a lunch. The lowrance was looking like the fish have thinned out and current has changed to come out of the north vs. West. Saturday however we boated some figure fish broke the 30 pound mark with a 30.48 pounds a 28 and a 26 the other three were between 20 and 25 pounds. The afternoon bits didn't bring us and mature kings just steelhead and some small ones and a couple got off.
Sunday we bad to go looking so we searched the shallow water.. started in 80 ft when we got to 155 ft it was the same temps on fish hawk and bait and hooks started showing up within minutes we had some screaming drags and ended the day with five more fish over 20 pounds and a few steelhead..
Just kept circling the active pod of kings and as soon as you got there you would see the bait then get ready! It was truly a awesome trip I'm so happy I got to spend it with my wife jen and friends Jake and Vicki!

bigeyezcharters.com

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Were you using spoons, flies or both. Riggers and wire? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoons silver carbon in low light was best. Metallic frog when sun came out.
Showtime spin doctor and blue hammer fly, and 42 second Spinny and green crinkle live was good. Wire Didseys out produced riggers by far.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the pictures from our weekend, the one is our Fridays limit didn't get anymore pics like it.
They were all gutted pretty quick after a picture. It made some nice fillets!

bigeyezcharters.com

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow! Looks like a dream trip, especially with wives along. A salmon fishing trip either to Lake Ontario, or the Niagara river has been on my bucket list for couple years. Not sure yet when I can make it, but this sure fires up hopes!
Chris Rohr

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Man, What a dream trip. Envy is all I can say, beautiful pics also, gonna remember that trip a lifetime, wish they all went that good huh. Again, fantastic fish and pics, Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts