close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waxworms Up Close and Personal

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Shortdrift, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Fished a private lake with Lewis late this afternoon. Lewis took home some nice crappie as well as good sized pumpkinseed, bluegill and redear. I caught the largest panfish I ever brought through a hole in the ice today, a really nice redear.
    I had been keeping my waxworms inside my one piece suit so they wouldn't freeze. :rolleyes: They were in one of those small round cups with the clear snap-on lid. One the way off the ice the lid must have popped open cause i had waxworms crawling all over my stomach and crotch when I unzipped the suit in the truck. :( I didn't mind the spill and their crawling around but was very concerned about collecting them so I would have bait for tomorrow.
    After what seemed like an hour I felt I had collected all of those little rascals. They really can travel when nice and warm. :D
    When I got home I took off the suit and headed upstairs where The Warden greeted me and asked "what are those things crawling around on your lower level?" and then asked where I had been. :eek:
    I just picked up my three wayworms and returned to the garage without saying a word and figured that was the best thing to do.

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

What can ya say there? Had all over the van before but never in the nether regions.

lol

bill

3. i put mine in an altoids mint box. and i poked a fiew small holes in the lid. its alot better than the plastic cup they give you at the bait shop. finaly i found a use for those little boxes i allways save. it saves me from having the creepy crawlys allover my lowers.

j

4. Hey Shorty, I would be more then glad to let you use my heater so you can keep warm in the garage tonight. Yeah right, we believe him don't we fellas?

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

use the small rubber maid containers. they work good and the lid stays on quite well... even work good for throwing them to your buddy if the ice is a little thin and you dont want to get to close to each other. been usin spikes so they dont need ventilated so no holes to poke. wife got a 38 piece set for xmas and i already nabbed the 2 small ones...

sowbelly

6. I did just about the same thing last year while wading except I spilled the box of maggots down my bibs. Man do those thing bite hard!

7. I Ususally Use A Small Pill Bottle For Em..except When I Want Them To Spill On Purpose And Get Excited...

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

O.K. Ron, thanks a lot. I just spit egg nog all over my screen!! ... Yuck!

"Sorry Dear, I guess its time for my annual bath. They crawled out of my crotch." ...Yeck! ....just funnin' ya Ron. ;)

I don't doubt that somewhere in the "nether regions of the 'net" there is a pic to go with this, but sorry not going there!:eek: :eek: