Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a thought! Not sure if others would agree or even do it. But its a chance to help a lot of people.
Since weather predictions are so bad, and most dont report any thing till they come home, why not post first thing from the lake.
We usually get their early and I know its latte for some. But have noticed that they come and go all day long.
So why not post all day long. You know when you first arrive post a small weather and wave report. Any erie port. And any weather or wave changes or tips. Would only require one thread daily for each port or launch. With enough some who are at home may get an idea when to go or stay home.
Weather is so important to us all I have never figured out why we don't. Are we so tied up in ourselves we have no time to help others? I dont know. But I will try more often. Been a bad year for me and making it up. But others could benefit.
Wish I lived in Conny or any launch area. I would open a weather report site. I think a person could make a good income giving updated reports all day. Even if they only charged 10-20.00 a season. I know Id pay it for conny.
Ok just a thought I figured Id share to see who agrees and who shoots it down.

·
FFL/SOT
419 Posts
I live on the lake a couple of miles west of Geneva and I'm up pretty early most mornings so although I won't make a promise to do it everyday I'll tried to give some morning updates. I hope to not be boatless for very much longer so maybe soon there be some fishing reports in there too.

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live on the lake a couple of miles west of Geneva and I'm up pretty early most mornings so although I won't make a promise to do it everyday I'll tried to give some morning updates. I hope to not be boatless for very much longer so maybe soon there be some fishing reports in there too.
Well if you could it would be great. I do think some one giving 4 updates daily on the internet could make money. Even a 10.00 donation could mount to a lot. Something to think about. Be a great way for some retired person to make an extra income.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I sometimes call the marinas nearby, they're usually happy to give me the wave action at present time just by looking out the window or talking to charter capt.

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sometimes call the marinas nearby, they're usually happy to give me the wave action at present time just by looking out the window or talking to charter capt.
Dont help me as we leave around 3 in the morning and no ones there at that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts