close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wauseon reservoir

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hshawn31, Jun 22, 2007.

1. anyone been catfishing to wauseon lately? I'm going tonight and wanted to check here for any reports

2. I have not been out there yet this year. A few buddies have and they have done o.k. at best on a mixed bag of species. If I did'nt have to be up at 3:15am tomorrow for a walleye tourney my son and I would join you.

By the way I have done better on the cats in the smaller res., nice 16" eaters.

3. The big res. in the southwest corner. I have not fished cats there this year but they should be biting. Good luck

4. just got back. i got there at 6:00 p.m and didnt get anything until 8:30. Took me 15 minutes to land the cat. It weighed just over 4 lbs and was 24" long. So far my biggest. Just got done cuttin' it up and the slabs are 1" thick. Very nice. (pics to come)I was at the big res. on the north side, right next to the water dump off spot ( right in the middle if your looking at the res. from the road )
    Talked to a couple of guys and nothing else was biting. Heard of only 1 perch and 2 crappie being taken.

Let me know if you guys are gonna be headin' there sometime...maybe we can make a night of it!!!

5. They are bighting at the big res in Archbold. My boys and I took 4 that were 20+ inches and 7 that were smaller. Nightcrawlers and cut gills fished on the bottom. i also got a nice 22" eye last night.

6. the only bait i used last night was that dough bait form wal-mart. The wauseon res. is the only place that will work using that bait, for me anyway.