close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waterproof digital camera?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Dec 1, 2004.

1. I’m looking for a waterproof digital camera that will be used exclusively for fishing (Kayak mounted if I am lucky). Does anyone have any experience with that Sony DSC-60U? I’m specifically interested in it’s pic quality under low light conditions. It is on sale for $150.

http://www1.ritzcamera.com/products/542081179.html

2. I am not in the market right now for a new digital camera and can't afford the $150 draw on savings right now. But I would be interested to hear how the camera works out if you get it. I have always thought that it would be nice to have one that was waterproof for taking along fishing.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hec with only waterproof, I need one that is also resistant to minor drops and what not, I know as soon as I fork out the money for a digital camera, I will take it out for the first time and accidentally drop it on a rock that was not there before. That is just my luck! :(

4. I have a really nice Canon AS40 that takes beautiful pics. Problem is, when the humidity is high, and/or the temp is below ~50 deg F, there's a sensor that shuts the camera down. Kinda makes it tough to take fishin' pics when we go out at night, or in the winter. I've resorted to keeping it in my shirt pocket, under the coat, but one of these times it's gonna slip into the drink. Used a handwarmer pack in a bag a couple of times, with the camera in a ziplock. Still not real consistent.

I suspect a camera that's truly waterPROOF would not have this problem. Any suggestions?

5. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

They sell waterproof bags specifically for cameras, you can even take the picture while it is still in the bag. Theyre alittle pricey tho, I'll try to find a link

6. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

you may find a digital camera that is water resistant but one they claim to be water proof i don,t know about that i would be real leary about it and ask for a demonstration before you buy it, make them dunk it in a bucket of water or something to simulate the camera falling in the lake or river.....like i said water resistant yes water proof?????????????????? there is a difference....... :cool: