close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waterpark by Bass Pro ????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chuck P., Jul 26, 2004.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Driving from here in Springfield, going to Bass Pro Shop in Cincy. On the left hand side of the road (I-275 I think, could be another road) there is a waterpark of some sort.

You can see the tall slides from the road, but I cannot rememeber the name of it to save my life.

Anyone have any clues as to what the name of this place is? I wish I could give better directions, but I cannot remember which road this is on.

Anyone??

2. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

It has to be the old Surf Cincinnati place. That park is closed and is being dismantled.

I'll guess that is what you are referring to, although you wouldn't be passing it coming from Springfield. It's west of BPS.

It was a decent place- went there a few times in the past- but the revenues were poor in the area and it went to pot after a few years.

UFM82

3. Chuck P.

The place I've seen, I pass going to BPS. Like I said, It's on my left on the way down there. You can see two tall slides from the road. :confused: :confused:

Time for another trip down south I'd say. ;) :D

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

5. catking

catking Banned

From the way you came Chuck, and it was on your left, that was King's Island new water park. It is HUGE. CATKING.

6. catking

catking Banned

I see where you said now that you were on 275......and it still on your left.It had to be the old " Surf Cincinnati" that UFM82 is talking about. King's Island is on 71............ Sorry Craig :D .....C.K.

7. Chuck P.

hmmm. I guess it is the old Surf Cincinnati...Shame it's not open anymore, I wanted to take a ride on the slide. :)

Thanks guys.

8. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Chuck, if you saw Surf Cincinnati, you drove past BPS. Coming from Springfield, Surf Cincinnati is the next exit past BPS. I can't help but think you saw the water park at Kings Island on I-71, where I've been told (by my stepdaughter) that they've got a couple of monster water slides.

9. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

The beach is on the right hand side of 71 going south towards cincy. I don't know about the other park, or the BPS in cincy, but I am almost positive The beach is on the right (west) side of 71 as your heading south on 71. Kings Island is on the left (east) side of 71 though.....

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

you are right mlarosa the beach is on the right side heading south. We are going to kings island aug 6,7,8 going to hit BPS as well.

11. catking

catking Banned

Chuck said he was on 275???

12. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

1) The Beach- West of I-71 by Kings Island- lots of water slides and the big speed slide, The Banzai Slide. Otherwise known as the "Atomic Wedgie" slide, due to your bathing suit finding new, dark places to hide when you hit the bottom. :eek:
    They have a "roller coaster" water slide there that is really cool. Combine a slide with the dips and hills of a coaster and you get a really neat ride. My only reservation about The Beach is the upkeep. Everything there costs an arm and a leg but they don't seem to keep up with the maintenance too well. Other than that, the place is a blast.

2) Boomerang Bay at Kings Island- East of I-71 at Kings Island. New this year with lots of cool stuff, including the newest slide, a style that I have never seen. If you drive by the park, you will see a large blue and yellow structure that looks like a funnel on its side. You take a 4 person tube through the slide section and it drops you into the funnel about midway up on the right side. You slide up to the midpoint on the opposite side and so on and so forth. Think of the funnels that you put the change into that spins around and drops into the center. Same idea, except you don't go the full circle. I have seen people get a little air at the top of the arc in that thing and it looks like a blast. ( I haven't ridden it yet- can't get my 8 year old to try it with me.)

3) Surf Cincinnati- West of BPS on I-275. Closed last year or the year before, not even sure. They spent a lot of time over there dismantling the slides and other attractions. I think the tower may still be there although I don't pay it any attention anymore. That place was the first and was pretty good. The pool was big and had great waves- better than the Beach's pool I think. The kid's places were friendly and fun and they LET the kids spray the water. It was landlocked though and couldn't get any bigger. The Beach and Kings Island outdid it and it went under. Too bad- it's about 10 miles from my house. ( And right the King's backyard, like everything else!!! :rolleyes: )

That's all I know of around here. You must have seen Surf Cincy, although like David said, you must have passed BPS. Coming from Springfield, there is no way you were on 71. Unless you took the "scenic" route. LOL

UFM82