Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Watercraft Officer

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DJA, Aug 16, 2004.

1. DJA

Fished Atwood on Sunday. When I was getting ready to pull out, the Watercraft Officer was in the front of the line getting ready to put his boat in. However he was inspecting the boat behind him. So everybody Waited. Then he began to launch his boat which wasn't a speedy process, more people came to launch and more people waited. He started his boat and took it over to the dock while he left his truck and trailer at the ramp ( one ramp was open) the other remained occupied by the officers vehical. Everyone waited. Before he finally made it back to his truck, he began to inspect another boat. still with the one ramp tied up by his truck. The whole process took way more time than it needed. You would think he would have parked the truck and boat and inspected the launching boats until which time the ramps were clear and then he could have taken his good ole time launching his boat. It was a good thing the Launching Ramp Courtesy Police, weren't there or he would have been arrested.
  2. catking

catking Banned

I met one of the inspectors a couple weeks ago and he was more than willing to bend over backward to get outof peoples way. The guy you are describing sounds like he has a power ego. This type of fool is what gives alot of the states officers a bad rap. .............THE CATKING :)

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Most of them are pretty cool. Espescially with kids if they are along with you. There is one in every bunch though unfortunately. I've had nothing but good encounters with officers and people from the ODNR.
  4. Wonder if it is the same "Smiling Ed" from Seneca. :rolleyes:
  5. Why didn't you mention it to him in a nice way. I'm sure he would've complied. Maybe he was new to the water part of it? I'm sure that he would've moved the truck if someone mentioned it nicely. :D