close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Water rage? Need your help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fletch, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

2. i have a canoe-boy do i have stories

3. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

I bet you do. You won't catch me running close to your canoe.

I've seen some crazy people out the buddy. The last couple of times I've been to Caesars Creek (SW ohio) the big dummies go up on plane in the no wake zone and then idle in the unlimited area!
    Other times I've seen boats (even BASS boats) running full bore in the idle zone where most of the canoes and small boats are. Or they'll run about 8 MPH and throw a wake wave that is 2 feet high. Heck, they might as well run full bore cause it doesn't make a big wave.
    I'll just start taking pictures and see if it helps.

4. From Lake Erie to the Ohio River it happens. We were drifting the south side of Kelleys for smallies on year. Probably 100yrds off shore, and a guy in a 60' boat has to get in between us and the shore, throwing at least 5' wake. Took one over the bow that day. Then here comes the Island Rocket, couldnt go around us, took another one over the bow. :mad: If i would of had a flare gun that day, someone would of had a hole in a 500,000 dollar boat :cool:

5. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

This is why one should always carry at least one hand grenade.
    Seriously, maybe an old rod with 2lb line and a big cheap spoon with a really big treble hook cast so the maniac will drive right through it. As soon as they scream set the hook so hard as to break the line. If they give you any crap then use the grenade.

6. The best is when your trolling and they get the line in their prop ;) :D That happend to the lucas county sherif when the idiot decided to do circles around our boat while we were trolling. Then he fell in the water trying to pick 200yds of 20lb test out of his props! :D :D :cool:

7. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

You guys are crackin me up :D . I feel the same way... hand grenade, large spoon and treble hook. Maybe we should invest in a cheap rod and reel and string it with 100LB firewire and a large heavy floating bait. Just leave it on the deck for just this purpose. When it looks like another idiot is going to come close to the boat, grab the prop killer outfit and make a nice cast in front of him. That'll take care of em. ;)

Honestly, did a county sheriff do that? :confused: I can't believe someone that is that stupid was issued a firearm! Maybe they make him carry his bullet in his pocket line Barney? LOL :D

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

This world is full of idiots, and I think most of them are boaters and fisherman, I dont boat but have had many problems dealing with bank fishermen :mad:

9. Honest to gods truth. We couldnt believe it either. :eek:

10. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

You know what? I think it's time for the state to require boat drivers license for everyone. Charge about $5 bucks a year and use that money to patrol the water. Have the patrols give out some tickets and that will slow down the crazies! Of course if they (the state) would adopt this, they would charge as much as regular drivers license.

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I used to go to Alum in my small boat but no more. I stick to smaller impoundments and creeks and streams. It is, in my humble opinion, far more relaxing and safer. The ramps alone were enough of a deterrant.

12. Speaking of a special rod and setup for idiots. I have an old rod with a broken tip and a huge spinning reel i got at a garage sale set up with a 1 oz spinnerbait of indeterminate origin. I call it my duck lure. You mess with my boat or act the jerk while in range, you better duck! I use it here at the house too. I have a treeline along my property line that goes to the road. People often speed terribly up and down the road. I sometimes cast that line with a 1/2 ounce sinker and a foot of construction ribbon tied on across in front of speeders. If they come back i tell them it could have been my kid or dog after a ball. They usually hush after that.
    Huntinbull