close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Water Quality

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SteinwayFishing, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Ok, question, and I have no idea if anyone knows the answer.

Why is the water at Piedmont Lake so gosh darn clear!!??? And why is the water at Clendening, Tappan, Leesville, and Salt Fork so murky and dark looking?? And also, I have noticed a BUNCH of trash up along the banks of Salt Fork!! For as much as they manicure the grass, somebody outta go pick up some trash. It seems that the lakes have gone to crap with water quality in the last 5 or so years, and I've only really started to fish alot this year. Is there something that us anglers can do with our boats or something that will help to clean up the lakes? I just wonder if the lakes aren't starting to "fill" with sediment and dirt. Any thoughts on this??

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

piedmont could be spring fed and tappan creek fed , thus when it rains it gets muddy and stays that way. my .02 i guess???

3. I've not seen any difference in the water quality over the years. The waters I fish are the same now as they were 15 years ago.

4. I'm not sure why the water is so clear at Piedmont. I've wondered why a few times myself, especially in the spring time. Clendening always gets that green film on the water in the summer.

5. Good points. Either way, the fishing is still pretty good all around!! I need to fish Piedmont some more than what I have in the past. Any good catfishing there? All I've done there is smallmouth.