close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Water conditions

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by beatsworkin, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the water is looking like up around racine or up river? Looked at the USACE gauges but cannot guess how muddy it is...I am planning on making a trip down and try for some sauger/hybrids this Saturday if the weather holds. Thanks in advance!

2. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I know this report isn't for your area, but I do wonder if it holds true upriver from Cincinnati. Today on my way home from work I was able to get a pretty good look at the river near Lawrenceburg, In. The river near the mouths of the Whitewater and Great Miami Rivers is clearing very nicely. The water had a clear-greenish tint to it. Made me think that a couple of clear sunny days would bring in the skippies at the warmwater discharges. I didn't see any debris in the water, and that is a good thing. One thing I did notice was that the banks on the Ohio/Indiana side had distinct under-cut features which I attributed to the many days of high water this year. Hopefully some of the guys who have been out on the river lately might chime in here and give better reports.