Water Conditions at Acton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish4life, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Anyone been to Acton lately? If so what's the temp and color looking like. Need to get the boat out and fish.

2. Astro1700

Astro1700 Member

I haven't hit it this year but it made April/May's In-Fisherman's Adventure section for Bluegill. Quote: "Lots of 8-inch fish in this lake in southwestern Ohio."

3. Friday the water was 55 to 57 and the water was very muddy. The bite was slow I oonly managed a few small crappie.

4. Was there 4/21. Caught 28 crappie. Water at marinia end of lake murky , but not bad. Going again today.

5. Does anyone know what the water conditions are like near sugar camp? I was just wonderring if it was worth a little drive up.

Thanks,

Harrison08

6. Went to Acton yesterday and the crappie were biting. Caught 1 largemouth a few gills. Water seemed to be good dont know temperature.

7. WalleyeJones

WalleyeJones Extra Long Member

I was there Sunday. I concur that the crappie are biting. They're getting saugeye below the spillway.

8. There Again today. Water temp was arond 60 & the murk is clearing. Sugar Camp looking reasonable. Did catch a few crappie (9" To 12") Plus 4 bonus Cats , the largest 19".
    Crappieben