water clarity

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Trophy Hunter, Jan 23, 2009.

1. i'm thinking about fishing the river today. how's the water clarity? i know it's been up lately and just came down to pool. is it still muddy?

2. Went out Friday and Saturday. Still a little turbid for my taste. Managed to catch about fifty total Morone chrysops between the two days. Not bad for this time of year. Hooked a big fish that wrapped me around a tree. Felt like a big wiper. Four more weeks until the prespawn bite... Hopefully.

3. sounds like u had a good day

4. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

You had more action than I have been getting from the river,thanks for the report
    Jake

5. boonecreek, I can't tell you how good it was. Having been skunked the proceeding 6 or 7 trips out, it felt really good; even though almost half of those fish were 6" give or take. It's been a long winter. This last month will be even longer. Spring is just around the corner!

6. i know the feeling trophy hunter, i,ve been sporting a skunk to. i lose it every once in a while. the hunt still worth it.