close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

water clarity

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Trophy Hunter, Jan 23, 2009.

1. i'm thinking about fishing the river today. how's the water clarity? i know it's been up lately and just came down to pool. is it still muddy?

2. Went out Friday and Saturday. Still a little turbid for my taste. Managed to catch about fifty total Morone chrysops between the two days. Not bad for this time of year. Hooked a big fish that wrapped me around a tree. Felt like a big wiper. Four more weeks until the prespawn bite... Hopefully.

3. sounds like u had a good day

4. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

You had more action than I have been getting from the river,thanks for the report
    Jake

5. boonecreek, I can't tell you how good it was. Having been skunked the proceeding 6 or 7 trips out, it felt really good; even though almost half of those fish were 6" give or take. It's been a long winter. This last month will be even longer. Spring is just around the corner!

6. i know the feeling trophy hunter, i,ve been sporting a skunk to. i lose it every once in a while. the hunt still worth it.