Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ohio River was in great shape for fishing the other day so I call my brother to go do some bank fishing for catfish. My brother and I tried to do some catfishing this morning. When we turned off the road and I saw the river I could not believe my eyes. It was muddy, very high and fast current with large drift all across the water! I just was stunned by how the river had changed. We did try but, it was just a waste of time; for the river was not fish-able! When I got back home I checked the level 35.5 feet still going up to around 38 feet! Current was 3.5 mph. going up to near 4 mph.

This all means the Ohio River will be messed up till after the 4th. Of July; barring any other major rain storms. So far this fishing season has been a great big frustration for me.

Author of Kindle e-book "ROD BENDING CATFISH"

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
actually we were out today up near Maysville, debris was worst Ive ever seen, crazy slow bite we had 2 bites, 1 fish landed today, a whopper of a huge flathead, maybe 12" long..LOL

River supposed to crest in next 24 hrs and I bet your fishing by midweek as It looks like a fast drop as well from the way they ramped it up so hard. they trying to move a lot of water ahead of time and they had a good head start, we measured water at almost 3 mph along the bank!! crazy...

·
Registered
314 Posts
We fished Saturday evening/night and did pretty well. Just gotta find those current breaks. I like the river up and moving. Congregates the fish. We fished a sunken barge and pulled 6 fish and then fished a big sandbar and pulled another 5 fish. Nothing huge but all but one were between 8-20 pounds so I call it a success. Fresh shad castnetted from the creek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.