Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'73 24' Stamas
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I met the buyer of a boat I was selling. We launched at Edgewater, the lake looked like 3/5's so I headed behind the breakwall. Spent about a 1/2 hr cruisin, when we returned to the lagoon between Edgew and the inner-harbor where the rollers come in from the lake we passed a 24' boat with 5 guys on it. They were yelling were dead in the water no power!! They were about 3 minutes from getting slammed into the south wall so I flipped around came along side them and he threw us a rope and with missing a beat kept on motoring made another U turn while yelling to him to steer the boat as if they had power and he came right around and we towed him back to the dock.
If you could have seen the looks on their faces when we pulled along side them! It was their 1st time out this year. As I was putting the boat back on the trailer 3 of the guys came over and shook my hand and thanked me over n over again. Their was no one around 4 trailers in the lot. They gave me two beers and a large sum of money which I tried not to accept, they didn't want to hear that nonsense. Just glad I was in the right place at the right time.

Look at that sky!

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
Good job....May God bless your lures and cooler !

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
nice job frank. good thing you didn't mess up the SOLD boat and have the deal fall through. but i guess it passed the test of strength.

·
TeamOGF
7,003 Posts
Nice save Frank!

I hope you got what you were wanting from your boat. :B

·
'73 24' Stamas
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas......yes everything went well......its always a pleasure to deal with an educated consumer, this fella grew up on the east coast and knows and appreciates this type of boat. He turned all the negatives into positives and made it a good experience.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great job guys! You would be surprised at how many people would have kept going just thinking of themselves. Again, good job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts