Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished at a bass tourney sunday changed my lure put on a crank that looks as real as can be to a bluegill with rattles inside of it. cast it out and as i retreived it WHAM!!!! i knew the biggest bass in the world was on the end of my line. im reeling in and line is being drug out under the boat it goes still yet to see when it comes out of the water 3 feet in the air what is it didnt see much here it comes again out of the water. finally got it up to the surface and netted. its a MUSKY. never caught one before. i was excited even though i was fishing for bass. he cut my line just as we got it in the boat. straightened 2 prongs on my treble hook. now i brought him/her in with 8lb test no leader and a garge sale mitchell reel and a 7ft cherry seed rod. its a nice little set up. the fish was a good 28inches long and roughly 12lbs or a little bigger. i have pictures on my phone but dont know how to put them on here (if someone wants to help me out would be great). hope you enjoyed my little story

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,164 Posts
Sweet! I grew up in Mansfield and bank-fished the Clearfork many times with little to show for it. I need to get up there with my kayak one of these days...

Send the picture to your email account; open the picture on your desktop; save the picture to your desktop; and, finally, upload the picture to the site...

·
here kitty kitty!
466 Posts
cool!!... nice fish!!

how'd ya do in the tourney?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I tried musky fishing at clearfork and caught the channel in the pic by my name.. so maybe that's the trick next time I got up there to try and catch a musky I'll just bass fish instead! Lol good job on the musky tho!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
179 Posts
What a thrill. I live ten minutes from that lake and don't fish it much. Guess I just got in the habit of fishing another local lake. I think I will fish Clearfork more often as I have never caught a Muskie, and I would love to catch one. Nice looking fish. Congrats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone it was a thrill to catch and just so everyone knows the one i caught was released so it could be caught again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts