close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Was anyone at Aep?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Mar 27, 2005.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Was anyone at AEP this weekend?? I thought someone was going and was wandering how it went? Went out to some local ponds and had some luck on Sat.

2. I was there on Monday.Lot's of rain. No fish. I left a report if you want more detail(Not really much to report!)

3. super_toad

super_toad ready for spring

I went down sunday morning, down on one of the big ponds by campsite C. Caught a 10 in bass and a few bluegill on waxworms and regular worms w/bobbers. But i think the water is still too cold, saw some bluegills swim up and then just swim away like they werent even hungry. But is was still GREAT to be out!

4. [​IMG] ABOARD super_toad...

How was the wood pile down by "A" ?

5. FishJunky

AEP is one of those places where if you don't catch anything you still would'nt want to be anywhere else. It's so peaceful and quite. I'm just glad that we have a place like AEP to go to get away from the hussle and bussle. :D

6. ..very true man... also good for shrooms too

7. i hit a few of the ponds around "k" saturday morning. not much happening with the north wind. i fished mostly wind blow shores too. i didn't really explore as far as i wanted, but my second trip down will be for a weekend, not a few hours!

8. That area gets hit pretty hard...
    You'll need to pack a map and nothing more, no fishing, and take a walk about to find some off the beaten path ponds and there are many...

9. yeah, i bet that place is great. kinda reminds me of a brickyard in august, ga...only the ponds there are much older and not as spread out. it's a place called Merry Bos. Brick Yard. i bet there are 30-40 ponds there.

i just wish aep wasnt so far.

10. ...where you coming from?
    You know that there is free camping down there right?

11. FishJunky

I'll be down there April 29th through May 1st. If anyone wants to hook up and hit some ponds let me know. It will be me and a buddie. We will probley stay at campsite N or C. If a bunch of us was to get together we could really spread out and cover some ponds and lakes. Send me a message and let me know.

12. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

:D Maps and aeriels are all well and good but without a topo you are left 100 yrds. above the water with no way to reach it. Been there, great view, salivating about the potential.

13. FishJunky

I have an account called the electronic hunting Atlas but I cannot find any topo's for AEP or anything else for that matter..

14. FishJunky

I found it looking up Reinersville, Thanks atrkyhntr... :D

[​IMG]

15. good to go now bro...