close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Warpath wins Clear Fork Tourney 9/11

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JBJ, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Look at those fish ! Man I wish our tourny would have been there instead of Alum yesterday . I dont care if it's April , July or November , you can always catch big fish at Clear Fork ! :) Good job Warpath .

2. Had a lot of fun fishing with yesterday and am looking forward to next year.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

good deal guys looks like getting out up there a couple times and all helped ya out. So you should be sitting ok in your club right warpath.

4. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Way to go!!! Great fish!

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

nice fish guys! congrads on the win

6. JBJ

JBJ

He sure is grinning like a kid in a candy store, ain't he!?!

7. It's so cool to see that you guys got into some of the quality fish.Like Phil says,there's some super good bassin' to be had in that lake.Way to go man!

8. JBJ, RW, Buzzman, Hydra, and others,

First thanks for all the accolades. I sure am happy about catching the two fish that I landed. The biggun' was caught on a 1/2 oz. spinnerbait (white with a pumpkinseed grub as a trailer) along the north shore about 50 yards short of the boat limit near the dam. The fish came out from under a flooded bush. Must have been about my tenth cast. Gotta give props to my partner, Dave Sprow, who helped me land this brut. I was fishing the bait on a medium rod, which I never do. I couldn't get the fish's head turned and it took off for the back of the boat. Not only did I have to clear my running light, but Dave and my motor too. Dave basically pinned it against the back of the boat until I could lip it. I wasn't going to fish spinnerbaits at all, but decided to tie it on at the ramp. Thank God!

As for the club standings, I'm not 100 % sure, but I think I am on the regional team for next year. Two of the three guys who were right behind me didn't show, but even if they had, that big bass so early would have probably clinched it for me too. The one guy who did show, blanked. So, I feel vindicated for a lot of missed fish this year. I caught fish when I had to. My other bass was caught on a crankbait, Tennessee shad color, in about 10' of water. The fish were a little suspended, and we could catch them only when the wind was blowing. It somehow pushed the fish up in the water column, and got the bass moving. After two boats swung through our cove(the second cove west of the boat limit) with cranks moving the other direction, the wind died down, and the fishing ceased.

Never did get on our worm pattern, but knew it would've worked. Just look at Will's fish. It was taken on a worm. And he just so happened to be on the last island out of the ramp. Right where I wanted to be late in the day.

Thanks guys. I couldn't be more pumped. I was just as pumped for Dave who boated two keepers. I have been happy with every minute of my club experience this year. I've made new friends, and I've learned a ton of things about fishing. Now where is that Ranger catalog! :D :D :D :D :D

Eric