Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to vent or I'm gonna break something. I have had the last 2 night trips interupted by guys trolling within 50 feet of shore. If you get too close to shore I WILL snag your boards and/or HIT YOUR BOAT WITH A ROCK! I have a small area to fish in and the whole lake is at your finger tips. If you get too close to me, you will know. There are a lot of considerate fisherman out there and for you guys, thank you. Us shoreline guys appreciate you politeness. For the few who don't care-- try me. I'll be waiting for you.

Okay, I'm done. How about them Cavs?

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
I don't think you want to snag a board.I guarantee you will lose unless you are casting with 20lb test line.The rocks are a better choice.;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I hear ya , thats weak:mad: But , I have to confess that we have miss judged how far shore casters can get away from the bank and came too tight. :rolleyes: We just passed a quick sorry and moved along.

Now to pass back through where you are set up is lame , I agree. Just try and remember the age old saying: A bad day of fish-in is better than..............

No need to be a poor sport, but the old 1 finger salute will get your point across without any gear damage.... take the high road;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I would never troll or boat close to a shore fisher-person or a pier fisher-person "on purpose" ever.
At night it is hard to pick out someone who is casting or bobber fishing..
Trolling 2 miles per hour a 100 foot of boat and lure will pass in 34 seconds.
Venting here, calling out to the offender, and cooling it, would also be good choices. Lets all try to get along.
PS: A treble hook with a cutting blade also helps.

·
c-ya on the water
292 Posts
You throw rocks. I throw lead.:D
i have to chime in on this one most of the time i have had my lines snagged or cut it has been by pleasure boaters or jet skiers not fisherman but either way it sux really bad

P.S. people on shore throw lead too we just start with rocks.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I occasionally troll the shoreline of Erie in the evening. I make every effort to avoid interferring with others from boat or shore that are fishing. However, as a human that does make mistakes, I would suggest that simply giving out a good holler "hey you're too close" would be common courtesy. I would politely apologize and move steer away immediately. Kindly consider common courtesy before entering into any rage of idiocy or use of a deadly weapon.

·
dip
578 Posts
unfortunately the boaters own the whole lake. i have checked this with the rangers here and if a banker throws anything at the boat it can be considered assault.
i would NEVER intentionally buzz any bankers when i'm in my boat but i mostly bank fish and have to deal with boneheads that don't afford consideration.

·
Crick Smallie Fisherman
844 Posts
I think what Het was saying was that he keeps a 1 ounce lead sinker rigged to a med heavy baitcasting setup in that new Lund and he is deadly with it. ;)

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Did you ever think they got a double or triple header and got off course due to the firedrill? Do you know that when working near a shorline or rocks, that they are not straight and some points jet out and it's hard to tell from a boat untill your boat is right up on the spot and the boards will get close to a point when if the wall was straight they would be nowhere near you? Did you ever think that rocks are hard to see at night and how the shorline really looks from the water looking at them?

I wouldn't make public threats to people that did NOT do it to you. Yes I have gotten close many time, but not intentionally it does happen from time to time you know this if you've ever fished the lake at night by shore or rocks., deal with from time to time or by a boat did you not expect it to happen ever? if so you set you expectations a little to high, don't be surprised if it happens more this spring and for sure in the fall.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Ohh come on shut up tough guy your not going to shoot anyone for coming to close to the rocks or for throwing rocks, even if someone wipped a board at your face and broke your nose, you still going to jail for Life!!!!!...In order to shoot someone and get away with it in the case of having a CCW, there has to be physical evidence that you life was in fact in danger. a judge will laugh there tail off if you try to justify some fishing related crap with a boater. Come on, this thread is stupid and should be locked up, you want to rant about boaters go to Craigs List we don't want to hear about it or how tough you think you are carrying a piece.

CCW bla bla bla, you don't need a CCW to carry I'll carry with or without one.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I can see getting upset and venting but what they did was rude and discourteous and somthing I would never intentionally do. By throwing rocks you are being criminal!!!! If I were to troll too close and get my boat damaged by someone who THINKS that they have rights to water close to shore because they do not have a boat I would do everything possible to hold them responsable for the damages!

I have never had a problem while fishing. The only time someone got mouthy with me was when navigating a channel at night and I did not see someones bobber in the middle of it. I ended up with a spool of mono around my prop. The guy has the kahunas to come over at the ramp and start chewing my butt out for cutting off his lines. I laughed and asked him if he would line his line back as I pulled the prop off. I guess he did not realize he was in the wrong?

Scott

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am VERY disapointed in how EVERYONE* on this post is acting!! Going to shot someone over fishing?? If anyone of you carry a CCW they should read this and revaluate your right to carry. What a shame growin-up acting like this. And we wounder where our kids get it.

Misfit/Dale, close this thread before it gets worse.

*I should edit the word "EVERYONE" There are a couple that posted with commonsense and morels.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cant we all just get along! I can fully appreciate both sides of the story. As one who fishes from shore sometimes it does seem that the trollers are doing it on purpose, but I truly dont think they are. It is much easier for a shore fisherman to reel in than a troller to steer all of his gear away in a hurry. The only way I do get upset is repeat offenders on the same night. Usually this does not happen as one who also fishes from a boat, it does come up pretty fast. We all get angry but life is too short to hold on to it too long. Just be glad we have a place to fish and actually catch them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
a rock is a deadly weapon and there are alot and i mean alot of ccw holders out there and im one of them...........

i can say this assult is assult and assult with a deadly weapon is just that....

and if you damage my boat i will make a call to the police at the same time i will be coming ashore and making a citisens arest and holding u till the cops show.. and if the offender brings out a weapon {bat,knife,pipe,rock] then yes someone might get shot....

i had this happen last year at the bayshore power plant they went to jail not me.......

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I'm sure if you let the guy in the boat know verbally that he is too close he won't make another pass that close. I fish the shoreline and from the boat and have seen my fair share of boats infringing upon the fishing area of the casters and it has always been handled verbally without any other problems, just wait 30 seconds or so until their boards clear and resume casting, end of story. I know what pier you are fishing from and there are plenty of fish away from the pier to be caught. I don't troll the Huron Pier shoreline from the boat for this very reason, there are plenty of fish in other areas away from the casters. None of this crap justifies putting a cap in somebody. Give it a rest.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.