Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Hotmail as my main email address since the 1980s. I had a lot of stored messages and a long address book list of contacts. A few years ago I started another account for other purposes. That went just fine.

Yesterday I was signing on to a freelance writing service, and the signup process wants an email so I entered my usual Hotmail address. "This address is already registered." So I tried my seldom-used address. "This address is already registered." So I thought I'd start a new fresh one. And THAT was my mistake.

The new account set up just fine. Then I thought I'd send a test message from my main account, but Microsoft had already erased both of my other accounts. All of my messages and all of my contacts, gone without any warning or permission. No way to get anything back. No way for anyone to send something to me because no one out there knows the new address. And I no longer have any of their addresses, so I can't inform them of the change. To them it's like I vanished.

Microsoft has screwed me completely. If you're running Hotmail, make copies of your entries in your address book, and copy/save any important messages.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I haven't used my hotmail account in so long it has probably been deleted. I don't even know the password.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Are you talking about 'starting a fresh one' for the freelance writing service or the new email acct?..sounds to me like you've already registered to the writing service and had forgotten your log in?..crazy that your other account is now gone though...hmmmm...

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
They are large multi-national tech companies with no regulation in the U.S.
(Microsoft, Google, Facebook)
God forbid, we have "guvment regulation".
The UK and European union have fined them millions to prevent anti-trust violations, privacy violations and underhanded practices.
You get what you vote for. --Tim

Scream.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts