Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that largemouth are out in the deeper waters of alum during this time of year. But i was wondering if with the help of some of you guys if i could improve the success of catching LM. Smallmouth are not a problem, but it seems that alum lacks great numbers of LM. Cranking points? Swim jiggin? Stick baits/Senkos? Shakey heads? What is the key tactics to success?

Im not asking for all of your secrets but a little guidence/starting point would help alot for these warm water LM. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK ON THE WATER

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't fished Alum Creek in several years. We have a camper up at Indian lake and that is where we fish. My Grandson and I are going to try Alum Creek this week- any suggestions where we might catch some fish ? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It sounds like you know all the tactics. I doubt the pros are going to tell you what is working where right now.
The "pros" don't have to worry. We don't keep anything we catch so the fish will be still be there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up catching some smaller ones, (1.5-2) pounder's at Delaware lake the other day. They all came from flippin' craw jigs to windblown points and cover.
GOOD LUCK ON THE WATER

·
Feared by all that swim
806 Posts
i went to alum today and got skunked.my partner got 2 little smallmouth.I never do well there and cant figure it out either.I tried everything that works everywhere else with no results.I asked a guy that was at todays weighin what was working and he didn't want to give out much info.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
I wouldn't assume they are in deeper water. I've caught largemouth(and smallmouth) in the middle of summer in 10 fow or less. Especially at night or in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts