Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If what the fellow told me today is true and the water temp is really 40 something degrees what do ya think about hitting the warm water? I was wandering if anyone has fished the discharge at willow island power plant? I was told by a guy a long time ago that he and his boy go there once a year and have a blast with hybrids and whites..........any truth to this? I believe he said St Mary's but we think the discharge is acroos from the little campground on the Ohio side. Thanks:D

·
Moving water...
658 Posts
I didn't get a water temp today, but the fish aren't at the warm water discharge...I can tell you that much :) We caught quite a few today on the tributaries. I think the wipers are staging at the mouths of the tribs right now. The last water temp I took on the Ohio River was 50 degrees.

The WWDs are usually good in Dec(late)/Jan/Feb but I didn't make it out to one this year. I was talking to Fisharder tonight and he said it didn't seem like they were there this year. Maybe because of the warm weather in early winter?

CW

CW

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, have you tried the wwd at st. mary's? I know it is hit or miss but Devols is still not there yet and I thought i would try a wwd. What creeks have you fished. If you don't mind me askin.

·
Moving water...
658 Posts
I'm not sure where any of the ones you are talking about are. Are they above the Greenup dam or farther up? The WWD I fish is near Aberdeen (East of Cincy). As for the creeks, they're also east of Cincy. It doesn't matter a lot which ones as long as thay have some rock and decent current and I mainly fish the Ohio side.

The fish we caught today seemed to be just on the inside of the current break towards the creek mouth and were on bottom....probably 10-12' deep.

CW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts