warm front coming through

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by BIGFISH1985, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I was watching the weather forecast and starting thursday we have temps in the 40's and they said possibly 50's with rain i saw it was until monday or tuesday if that happens its gonna put a hurtin on the ice fishing time to go and get the boat ready to go because with these temps i don't think it will be long before we all are launching our boats.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Please be true!!!
    I've been out one day in the last 5 weekends with the exception of shoveling snow. This winter stinks.
    I want the boats in the water!
    I must be showing my age.

3. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

You guys need to wake up from your naps, it's 2pm and your both having silly dreams. For crying out loud it's FEBRUARY 2nd!!! ;)

4. A couple of 40 or 50 degree days wont melt much ice.

5. This last weekend the ice was 10-12in. at Indian lake so with the temps being high it won't hurt anything will be slushy so wear your waterpoof boots.As of right now I' going up to Lake Erie this weekend.

6. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Its going to hurt the edges more then the main lake. We just have to worry about getting onto the ice.

7. you are out of your mind if you think 3 or 4 days of 40 to 50 degree temps is gonna hurt 12" of ice. maybe 3 or 4 weeks of it but not 3 or 4 days. did you not see the temps right after it for the following 10 days with highs in the 20's and low's in the teens. you go get your boat ready i'll be out on the ice .

8. Ice will be fine. Just some slush on top. It'll freeze again. like someone said, it's feb 2!!!

9. Pikedaddy

Pikedaddy just catch 'em'

A thaw sounds great I will actually get something done around my house. I have been out every Friday ,Saturday and Sunday for the past few weeks. I am loving all of this ice and it will be around for a while. If you have some good water proof boots this weekend will be fine.

Bob

10. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I sure hope this doesn't have a major impact!!!
    I haven't fished enough yet :(

11. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

The warm temps is just what we need to get the snow and crust off the ice.If the long range forecast is correct, the ice will only get thicker and we'll be ice fishing till April.I have a new boat ready for Erie but can wait till May to get her on the water. Bring on the ice machine!!! The Presque jumbos should be in soon...........Mark

12. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

We've still got a lot of icin' to do! I know I'll be out like I have been the last few weeks. Definitely not throwin' in the towel...

13. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

On a positive note, it will be nice not having to wear 5 layers of clothes.

14. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

From the looks of it, we may have to get out the sunblock....the water/ice will reflect those rays pretty good!!:)

15. Well see what she brings us! If its warm rain Im done till softwater. If it just warms for a few days well be alright.