wanting to get a new reel...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by xmatthewx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

i'm looking to spend about 125 on a new baitcaster reel. any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. I would go with the new Abu Garcia Revo! I have a Revo SX and I want to upgrade all my reels to this one! light weight, smooth casting, and very comfortable to handle! The only difference between the Revo and the Revo SX is that the SX has magnetic spool control. the Revo prices for about $99.00 give it a shot. :B

3. get one of the newer model high speed shimano curado 200HSV. I know they are a bit pricey but they are worth the money just for the ease of casting and speed of retreive.

Because of the increased in speed and power I know I have caught more fish this year because of mine. For example say you are working a topwater frog over vegetation and the fish are just hitting right on the edge. With a slower reel you spend less time and energy retreiving you lure quickly over the "dead water that you aren't fishing" So your lure spends more time in the sweets spots and less time in between.
    check on ebay for good pricing