close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanted: Used "gunnoe"

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by bigfishtommy, May 5, 2005.

1. bigfishtommy

bigfishtommy

0   0   0

Hey Everyone!

My pastor is looking for something called a "gunnoe." From what he tells me, it is like a wider, flatter version of a canoe. Please let me know if anyone knows of one being sold for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

they are gheenoe's , there is a dealer at the boat/sportsman show every year from avon ohio. good luck finding 1 that is used!!!!

3. ABE

ABE

0   0   0

Man i didn't think anybody in Ohio would ever here of Gheenoes. I used to
    see them growing up in Florida. They are made in Titusville Florida. I have been looking for one too. I need a lite stable boat to drag through the woods to remote lakes in Canada. If you don't mind driving to Florida they have b-grade boats for about 150.00 off retail. The 14 footer is about 750.00 retail. I talked to them a couple months ago and they had several hurricane damaged boats that just had some cosmetic damage. A couple websites i found might help in your search.

www.customgheenoe.com
    This one has a forum like this one with a trading post

www.gheenoe.com
    This is the manufacturer that can help you with the b-grade if interested.

4. bigfishtommy

bigfishtommy

0   0   0

Abe,

That is too funny! My pastor just moved back up here after spending 4 years in Florida and that is where he had one! He is originally from Alliance area. Thanks for the websites and I will give the info to him asap. Gheenoes, huh? Lol-funny name.

Tom

5. Bluegillmaster

Bluegillmaster

0   0   0

A gheenoe would make my dreams come true.

6. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

0   0   0

The Waterbug, made in Waycross, Georgia, was a similar boat type but much heavier. Great small-water boats!!

7. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

0   0   0

There is a shop in Little Hocking/Belpre area called B&D Outdoors that sell fully rigged boats of this type. Not sure of the price though.

lg_mouth