close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanted Skis

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by peple of the perch, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I am looking for a old pair of junk skies. I am going to use them for a project on my shanty. It turns out it is quite hard to pull a shanty without some sort of runner. So If you have a pair of skies that you want to get rid of Please PM me.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

0   0   0

If that's all you want I might be able to hook you up....I'll take a look in the garage and get back to you. I think I have a couple old pairs out there..

3. Sweet... :D

That's all I need right? I use to have a pair but threw them out about 3 years ago.

4. ParmaBass

0   0   0

I don't know how you plan on mouting them, but I'm sure there's a way to do it. I have the actual ski set made by Shappell. This is what I have (link below), I was surprised by the price(mine came with the skis), actually pretty reasonable. I bet you would of paid 3 times this amout today while on the ice!

http://www.fish307.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5942

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Peple if you have a sharpell here's the best price on the ski's:

http://shappell.com/dx3000partsaccspp.html

I'm trying to get a set to fit my shanty as well. Trying to figure if they will fit my frabill. I was thinking of ski's myself. Going to check play it again sports and see how cheap I can find a set.
    If anyone around Columbus has an old set let me know. I think I can make them work as shanty ski's.

6. Blue Pike

Blue Pike

0   0   0

The Goodwill or The Salvation army may have a set at a reasonable price.

Snowmobile shops may be able to help you out.

7. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

0   0   0

The Shappell skis will not fit the Frabill bases.The base of the Shappells have a recessed opening on all their clam style shanties to fit the skis..........Mark

8. I was just going to either screw them in or put them on a bracket. Do those skies fold down or are they removable?

9. ParmaBass

0   0   0

They fold in the up position and you slip a pin in place to keep them up. They are permanetly on the bottom of the base of the shanty, just put them in the up position when there's alot of snow, or keep them down. Either way snow or no snow having the skis on makes it easier to pull. Let me know what route your going to go, I'm pretty sure I have an old pair of skis in the garage.

10. Muskeye

Muskeye

0   0   0

The skis may be nice but all I ever use is one of the old style wooden sleds with metal runners. Doesn't need to be new. Surprisingly, with the aid of bungee straps, my Shappel balances on it pretty well with two buckets and a depth finder. Throw in a little snow on the ice and you might as well be pulling a dead cow, without the use of the sled.

Rick

11. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

go to the salvation army store . they usually have a some xcountry and downhills cheap.

12. More like 2 of them.

13. 2120Tom

2120Tom

0   0   0

i've got 2 pair, 180cm, in my shed, if anyone else needs some. FREE. pm me and we can arrange pickup or shipping.