close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanted: Fishing Canoe

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by findiesel, Aug 20, 2005.

1. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

0   0   0

Hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a two-man canoe that has a flattened rear that can have a trolling motor attached to it. I wanted to get a boat, but I want something I can throw on the top of my car and can also cruise around larger bodies of water.

I am trying to get the canoe for around $200. If anyone has one within an hour drive of Akron I would definetly be interested in purchasing it immediately. Or, if you know of a place where I can purchase a new one for not much more, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

gonna be hard to find a canoe like that in your price range..The old town predator has a square stern like you want, but sells for 800 new.

3. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

0   0   0

Yeah, I figured. I'm mostly looking for a used one...

4. ying6

ying6

0   0   0

Just an idea but you can buy side mounts for canoes. Most of them are for electric motors but there are a couple that you can actually bolt to the frame of the canoe. Might make your search a lot easier. I have a Coleman ($350.00 new) and I put a side mount on it for a trolling motor. Works great. I store the battery in a cooler behind the back seat and if I am alone I put it in the middle, helps with the level of the boat.
    Just a thought
    ying

5. I have a LIGHTLY used Coleman that was 350 new 3 seats, No leaks, 15 1/2 ft long...Ive used it in alot of smaller lakes around here, and in the tusc....Like Ying Said youll prolly have to get a side mount, You wont find a canoe with a square back for under 500 most likely....

If your interested PM me...Cost 350 new asking 300 but can negotiate... I live about 45 minutes from Akron...