close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanted: Fishing Canoe

Discussion in 'Canoes & Kayaks' started by findiesel, Aug 20, 2005.

1. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

Hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a two-man canoe that has a flattened rear that can have a trolling motor attached to it. I wanted to get a boat, but I want something I can throw on the top of my car and can also cruise around larger bodies of water.

I am trying to get the canoe for around $200. If anyone has one within an hour drive of Akron I would definetly be interested in purchasing it immediately. Or, if you know of a place where I can purchase a new one for not much more, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2. I don’t think you find what you are asking for at that price.

You may want to adjust your thinking.

You can attach a motor to a normal canoe with a cross board.
    I have heard about people having luck, buying used canoes that are sitting along side lakes, where the owner has gotten board and let the grass grow up.
    You can get boats cheaper after first frost when people don’t want to store them all winter.

3. findiesel,

After reading your post I started pondering selling my canoe. It's a 15' Grumman, two seater, with the following accessories: car carrier kit, two life perserver/seat cusions, trolling motor, oak motor mount, two paddles, and a small deep cycle battery, for an extra $50 or so I would also throw in a fish finder and mount I made for the one of the thwarts.

I know you were thinking in the $200 range, but I would be willing to let everything go for around $650. When I was doing research on canoes, new and used, $400- $500 was a reasonable price for an aluminum canoe. I am in Columbus, but could make a trip to meet you half way.

4. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

That sounds perfect, but unfortunately I don't have the money to spend on a really nice one right now. I don't have much time to fish with full-time college and full-time work, so Im not really looking to spend a lot right now. Thanks for the offer though... I'm sure someone would love to get their hands on that.