close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wanted: burbot picture

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JV1, Feb 12, 2005.

1. JV1

JV1

wanted : a high quality burbot picture, never seen one up close, and never saw a high quality picture of one. the fish is surly elusive. Please post the picture here, or email it to OHfishing@aol.com , or share it with us at www.ohfishing.com. If the picture does not belong to you please post the addy where it can be viewed thanks for anyone who can help

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

3. JV1

JV1

Lewis, thanks, I also saw that atrkyhntr left some photos for me to...man the fish look awfully like a water snake.... i dont believ i would touch that! I also heard they crawl across the floor like a snake

4. catlover

catlover Banned

In colorado fresh water drum are considered rare. Go figure..

5. JV1

JV1

in florida, saltwater drum (a sheepshead with prison stripes and teeth that look human) are a prized gamefish, and in london carp are #1 ! [​IMG]

6. I was watching a show on travel the other night.."houses on ice" and they showed a huge weekend party in one town for eelpout....aka burbot. It was pretty crazy and looked like a great time. They said that everyone there thinks of them as trash fish but they are real easy to catch through the ice so they used them as an excuse to throw a big festival. Here is a pic of the minnesota state record.

http://fishingmn.com/fishinfo69.html