Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you all give me your 2 "scents" when it comes to camo?.....Scent control/no scent control........insulated/non-insulated.... pants/bibs....hooded/non-hooded....I have to get all my jackets & pants in TALL sizes....and am having a hard time finding any "locally"......and am probably going to make the trip to Cabela's.....but before i do, need some opinions/feedback/experience etc. etc. etc......
Also, I HAVE to have a "quiet" system.....as I am a Bowhunter that sits up in the air 17 feet or so.... :wink: :wink:

I am located in Akron, Ohio, and hunt Ohio only.

Ok, Bring it on.....and don't worry, i won't judge anyone's comments....as long as it's clean.

Thank You'all in Advance,

Stevo

·
Registered
209 Posts
I say no to scent control layers. Just wash your clothes and hunt the wind correctly. I prefer to layer my clothes. I have base layer of merino wool (different weights for hot or cold weather) then if it is cold I put a layer of polartec fleece over wool. Then I wear a down vest (again if cold). then my outer layers which are windproof (makes a big difference IMO). I have a rainsuit in my pack if I need it or dont bring it if the weather is not calling for rain. My camo is Sitka Optifade forest (Stratus line). Very pricey but if you are a LEO you can get 40% off the stuff through leoadventures.com (or maybe know someone who is a teacher or state employee). I have owned lots of camo over the years and hands down this is the best stuff I have ever owned. It is my second season with it this year and holding up well.

They also carry it at Fin and Feather in Ashland, OH but they are more pricey then from Sitka itself. Some guys on archerytalk may carry it as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I really like the Optifade line. They've really put some time into research. I also really like Multicam, but that's the Army side of me talking. I haven't been able to hunt with either, but i sure like the looks of them both.

In conclusion, i'm no help at all. lol

·
d{>_
519 Posts
I am using Scent lok vertigo gray
Have had my eye on it since it came out a few years ago just never had the extra funds to buy it but I was lucky enough to win the whole outfit this year :D So thats what I am rocking in the woods this season Before that was some cheap camo from walmart

·
Registered
441 Posts
i have to have big and tall sizes.the cabelas,bass pro,gander,dicks stores don't carry them in the stores.i most generally have to buy them on-line.most of the scent blocking outfis are way to costly for my likeing.i mjust get camo that matches the type of terrain or season i'm hunting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys......i have reading up on ALOT of various materials/patterns/etc. on the web, and if i'm gonna invest in some camo for "the long run", i want to be able to try it on. So i might make a road trip down the Fin, and figure out some sizing......Again, I look @ decisions loke these as MOST important, because time to me is precious, and anything worth doing, is worth doing RIGHT.

In conclusion, thanks again for the reply's, and turn on.

Steve.

·
Catching and Releasing
205 Posts
Scentlok head hunter... i am about to buy the vertical grey i have been much more sucessful with this outfit in the real tree pattern... especially in getting mature deer to come in... worth every penny if you want to go to the next level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts