close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Want to do something to help a soldier?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Onion, Jun 2, 2004.

1. I came across a website today that has got me doing something other than spending time thinking about fishing.

AnySoldier

This program gets you in touch with our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan that may not get much mail. It gives you a list of what items they want and tells you exactly how to send them.

I went out tonight and got the first group of items to send out to a unit near a lake in Baghdad who requested some fishing gear. They are getting a telescoping rod and some tackle I picked up at Wally world for $20.00, a pile of old In-fisherman and Field and Stream magazines and lots of junk food, soap and other comforts they are missing.

No matter what you political feelings about the present military actions this should be a no-brainer for all of us. Maybe OGF can do something?

Another site I found is http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/. This program provides toys and school materials for Iraqi children as they embark upon the journey of learning about the world without Saddam.

Just thought some of you may be interested in helping.

2. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

onion, thanks much bud, i am now going to see what i can do for them ( our soldiers ) and also the children over there, thanks again..................... :cool:

4. catking

catking Banned

Thanks alot for this info !!! THE CATKING :)