close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Want to Canoe the Mad

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CPTN.CROWN, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Looking to get the canoe and ultra light out. Proably labor day weekend or so. Never fished the mad, but have heard nice trout in there. Any one know of canoe livery, or couple places we can put in and pull out easily?

Thanks

2. Birch Bark Canoe Livery (937) 652-2663 1455 River Road Urbana 43078. They run the mad. Almost every road crossing has a place to park. Just stay above st rt 55 for better luck.

3. Dingo

Dingo

A great float trip. Keep it short if you are concentrating on fishing. I have used Birch Bark in Lippenkott for transports upriver. Nice little camping area there as well. Would float it in the 1980s, before the brown trout fishery and fly fishing in general was not as popular as it is now. Make sure you have a good tie line with an oversize carabiener clip that can be used to secure it to the bank when exiting to work a productive looking area. For more info (and map), check out http://www4.wittenberg.edu/academics/hfs/tmartin/MadRiver/report.html

4. Is there any dams we will have to go over on the normal float? Ive got a real bad back and need a flot that wont kill me! My bro will go and he is a good paddeler, that way i sit up front and navigate!

You said ,"Make sure you have a good tie line with an oversize carabiener clip that can be used to secure it to the bank when exiting to work a productive looking area"

What is the clip you arre referancing?