close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Want to be an Instructor?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Big Daddy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Hunter Ed instructor classes starting....

TRAINING WORKSHOPS BEGIN IN MARCH

FOR OHIO HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTORS

COLUMBUS, OH - Workshops for individuals interested in becoming a hunter education instructor in Ohio are being offered at five locations across the state starting in March, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

The workshops are being held: March 12-13 at the Miamisburg Sportsman’s Club in Miamisburg; March 19-20 at the Wildlife District Four Office in Athens; April 2 and 9 at the Wildlife District Three Office in Akron; May 21-22 at the Wildlife District One Office in Columbus; and July 9-10 at the Wildlife District Two Office in Findlay. Those interested in attending should call 1-800-WILDLIFE for registration materials.

Individuals must complete a volunteer instructor training workshop to become a certified hunter education instructor. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed a hunter education course. Ohio currently has 1,700 volunteer instructors who train hunters to be safe and responsible in the field.

2. I was about to post this same topic when I found this post already here.

I just went through the course last summer. Although it was a long 2 day ADVENTURE it was well worth my time. The teaching teams were fantastic and had so much to share with us.

I have been involved with helping the DOW at different functions for the last couple years. I have logged many volunteer hours at different events in that time.

THINK about this: If the we don't spend some time giving back and teaching kids and even adults that might possibly show an interest in our outdoor sports we may lose more than we can imagine.
    Please, Fellas, take a look at what you have learned in all of your years of hunting. You may have more to give than you think. It is a very rewarding experience.

If anyone is interested it looks like we may be signing up interested individuals at the upcoming Deer & Turkey Expo in a couple weeks. At least stop by the DOW booth and say hi.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015