close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanna do another turny?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

hey lets do another one, gmr or lmr lets shoot for next weekend 15th. saturday lets do it. how is water by cinnci. or gmr who has knowledge of safe places to fish north or south of dayton. lmr south of cc? lets get it on. whos in?
    lets float gmr should be deeper!!!!

2. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

I have plans on the 15th....could we do the 22nd?

3. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Id be up for a trip! The GMR north of dayton is not bad at all! I wouldnt count on the GMR being deeper (some spots are and some arent) The taylorsville dam has a really nice place to put in!

4. Sleprock

22ed just for lmrsmallmouth, i am sure he wants redemption.

5. I'm interested. But, can't on the 22nd weekend. My wife and have to go to the New River in VA. to fish for the end of summer samllies. Tough life. I know you all feel very sorry for us. Anyway, we're interested.
    Todd

6. the GMR at taylorsville is a GREAT spot to put in as well as having many miles of great water below it. however, they are replacing the bridge on I-70 that crosses the GMR about a mile below taylorsville and you no doubt cant get past that point. i know for sure they wont let you float past and i would guess they would not permit anyone to cross through the construction area on land as well. there is a big soccer feild complex about a mile south of that bridge that has plenty of parking, might be a good place to put in but you would miss out on some great water upstream. also, about 3 miles south of that soccer complex is a small lowhead dam (steel sheet metal type). its really small, no more than a couple feet deep on the downside of it and would be easy to go over on take out and go around. there is some really nice water beyond that and you could either take out at island metro-park or the big parking lot (if they will let you) at the miami river boat club. i know this stretch well from canoeing it but never fished it for smallies.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Ohhh.... My old stomping grounds for Smallies. :)
    Dink, if you can't get a partner, let me know! :)

8. Sleprock

what about the mad river looks like less dams more open spaces better parking?

9. the lower Mad, say from just below huffman dam southwards to downtown dayton is extremely dry. it is navigable but its a real pain and isnt the best smallie water. there are a couple hot-spots but even then your lucky to pull out a couple 12'inch fish, gets hammered pretty hard. only other stretch i know is from rainbow lakes to huffman dam. it has some really good looking water, or at least did 6 years ago when we canoed it but i never fished it. how about north of rainbow/275? i am all ears:confused:

10. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Ive canoed the mad from spfld to dayton several times and the best water on that river is north of rainbow lakes up towards new carlilse.

11. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I agree....best Mad fishing spots are north of Spangler Rd. really. There are some decent spots below that, but tough to fish. I think from 235 down to Huffman is pretty poor water anymore, used to be good.

12. instead of another lmr bass tourny you should do a lmr species tourny, whatever team brings in the most # of species takes it. i think it would make for an intresting tourny

13. Hahahah thats an interesting idea....lol couple weeks ago young whiskers and i caught a flathead, smallmouth, saugeye, sauger, walleye, carp, drum, and maybe one other fish.... but i think the bass tournies are more fun.....

14. Sleprock

forever sports mad river canoe rental to aarons canoe kayak center looks like 6 miles no dams it is near springfield hows that sound to yall
    its all north of 70
    runs past buck creek
    mad river

15. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

Personally....a GMR trip sounds more enticing to me, but I am game for whatever you want. What ever happened to the upper GMR idea?

16. Sleprock

the maps i looking at gots lotsa dams
    gmr upper looks good to me up by indian lake i am just grasping at straws personally id like to fish your strech with some water in it!!!
    i give this up somebodyelse set this sucker up
    i am just gonna go fishing
    i giver up somebody take over

17. I thought the GMR Sidney to Troy sounded good.

18. Sleprock

somebody pick a new day