close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanna catch a BIG Snapper?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Just spotted this good sized snapper in the front lake today. Last one we got out of here was 28#. This one looked to be a bit smaller but really unable to tell. It is still a good size. You are welcome to come and try for this guy with hook & line or traps.
    We have plenty of gils for cut bait. I'm in Medina about two miles West of 71 on 18. PM me if interested.

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i wish i were close shortdrift,snapping turtle is some very good eating if it's done right.i'd like to have a nickle for every one i helped my dad clean.
    chunk the meat up,roll it in flour,brown it,then finish it up in a pressure cooker.very good!!!!!

3. One member responded to the offer and set four lines tonight. As of 10pm nothing had been hooked.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Like Jeffmo said wish I were closer! I just got some lines ready for the river this weekend for some snappers, I just hope the water levels work with me!

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

the title of this post is just all wrong LOL :D

6. :D ........I went home with a snapper once. When I woke up.... :eek: .....She was BIG......... :rolleyes: ....... Sorry guys couldn't resist......Rich

7. must.....resist.....temp.....ta...tion.........

8. Must be a bunch of Horny Toads chime'n in on this one. :rolleyes: :D Da. Thought the topic was Snappers. :p

9. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

How'd he/they do the other night, Shortdrift? Any snappyheads?

I cleaned a couple last night for the freezer. It's tough to dispatch the critters by myself, almost need three hands. One foot on a cord tied to the tail, one hand gripping channel locks to pull the head out, and the other hand holding a hatchet, then swing and try to miss any part of me. They don't just stick their necks out and make it easy. Anyone have a better plan?

10. How's about 220 volts? Kinda give ya this view of his neck----- :eek:
    At least you're thumbs are still intact, eh?