Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Shopped for about 10 mins got our stuff for a party tomorrow. Got to the line that was all the way into the isles...COMMON 40 min wait to check out...that's BS so mad!!! Manager said she was doin best she could couldn't really blame the workers. John Walton sitting on billons,,Wal-Mart opens really good at first but then after while and puts the small guys outta business then people don't have a choice higher prices lower staff.....BS never goin there again cant hire enough staff..plus workers they don't want to work there for there cheep azz wages....feel beeter goodnight!

·
Registered
771 Posts
i will pay more money for less headaches elsewhere. every time i step into walmart (after parking a football field away), i get super irritated really quickly with the people in there. and they always have like 30 registers, but somehow, only 4 are ever open.

·
Bud n Burgers
2,498 Posts
I'm not a big Walmart supporter either but I believe your thread is a total BS Walmart bash job. You just want to rant about their policies and to justify it you pretend that they pissed you off with a "40" minute wait in line to check out. You've probably never waited 40 minutes to check out in your last ten checkouts alltogether at a Walmart and "John" Walton died in a plane wreck about ten years ago. If you don't like their success and you don't like their employment policies and want to voice an opinion about it try to bring an intelligent position and argument to the table instead of cheap crap like this.

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
The Walton family, creating thousands upon thousands of American jobs. Paying in more than any other business in taxes. What an evil cooperation! I heard they even keep all their money and don't give it all away. OTHERS ARE ENTITLED TO THAT.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but they have everyday low prices and you just can't put a price on that.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I'm not a big Walmart supporter either but I believe your thread is a total BS Walmart bash job. You just want to rant about their policies and to justify it you pretend that they pissed you off with a "40" minute wait in line to check out. You've probably never waited 40 minutes to check out in your last ten checkouts alltogether at a Walmart and "John" Walton died in a plane wreck about ten years ago. If you don't like their success and you don't like their employment policies and want to voice an opinion about it try to bring an intelligent position and argument to the table instead of cheap crap like this.
Well said....everyone goes there for the low prices then complains about the poor service. How does everyone think they keep low prices?
Shop at Macy's next time out; I guess the complaint can be "service was great but the prices are just too high"

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
I dont think its worth ranting about, but then again, we have those people who hold up the line with holding up the line with constantly checking how much the amount has gone up to. seriously? pay ttentioj to what your buying. and then the people who sit there and talk with the employee while everyone else is behind waiting. that's just the worst.

·
Barberton,Ohio
94 Posts
Well maybe they will install a bunch of the self checkouts so only one live person can watch everyone check themselves out. Then those people who lost there jobs can go somewhere else and prices will go even lower (for a time).
Seriously if you cut your service staff back to the minimum that's a good way to lose business, and then the sh__ roles back down to that person at the checkout that struggles through the bad day of getting yelled at by their boss and most of the customers.

Been their done that its not as fun as you think when your at the bottom of the corporate ladder, after all the bosses still get their full pay but you can and will get the short end of the stick for no fault of how well you work. And your feedback is not listened to or appreciated.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
looking for the big one
111 Posts
do you know why the lines are so long they cant get people to work for them ,people call off, that's puts a ***** in the chain, so they have to move bob to replace tom that called off, or did not show up for work short staffed makes for long lines. it not like they can just make people .. or make them show up ..

·
Registered
910 Posts
do you know why the lines are so long they cant get people to work for them ,people call off, that's puts a ***** in the chain, so they have to move bob to replace tom that called off, or did not show up for work short staffed makes for long lines. it not like they can just make people .. or make them show up ..
So why is that Meijer down the road doesn't have these problems? A big store like Walmart should be able to absorb the work of one or two people calling off without much issue. WalMart is understaffed purposely, and at the Lima store a great majority of the employees are grouchy and lazy. But then again, I get grouchy when I am in WalMart too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Life is so unfair. I had to spend 40 mins in line at Walmart to spend the money I have that I made from the job I have to buy stuff for the party I'm having tomorrow;):D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,422 Posts
40 minutes is a streeetch I didn't wait 40 minutes on Xmas eve. Walmart sucks period you should know what you are walking into when you walk in, I personally don't go into them more than 3 x a year.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Anyone ever have to wait more than 40 minutes in a doctors office ? How about an emergency room trip to the hospital ? Did you take your business elsewhere then ?

Try running a business any business let alone a huge store like any Wal-Mart. Then lets see how your complaints might take a different tone.

I don't love Wal-Mart in any way shape or form. I buy my groceries there every two weeks. Sometimes I get great service and sometimes it leaves a lot to be desired. It is the same store ( Salem ) but different circumstances. Usually do shopping late at night. Less traffic to deal with and normally no long lines.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It's the 1st of the month...Duh...
My daughter in law works the one down here and those are her exact words. People in express lanes with full carts, works the service desk listening to every line of crap imaginable so a lot of blame should go to the people, not the workers putting up with everything imaginable. I don't care to shop there myself but if I do, it's 4 or so in the morning.... Sorry for your experience but they can only do so much, even at the better ones.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The best thing about Wal-Mart is the fishing department. Dicks and BPS are a bit of a drive for me but Wally World is close by. The trick at Wal-Mart is to not buy too much in one trip so you can use the self-serve checkouts. Don't go in with high customer service expectations and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can see the other side of views on my thread, all welcome. I just had one of those bad nights I guess. Other stuff coming into play also. Just waiting that long with a few items in the cart and the line that goes all the way into the produce section iced the cake. Just the way I wanted to spend fri evening. An old vet behind me was complaining also about all the china crap they sell and how he fought for this country. I bet he had a pizzed off night too I bet..lol. For all you walmart supporters above. More power to ya!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I usually just go in the the sporting goods area, and park & walk in at the automotive that seems to be close to the sporting goods....in and out quick for me....
as stated above, the first of the month it is always busier ....plan your trips wisely and have patients if you don't

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.