close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walmart lures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Action, Dec 12, 2004.

1. My daughters bought me a rod and reel and 3 crankbaits for my birthday.
    First cast out and I'm reeling in a lip with no crankbait on it. Rerig, cast another crank and it last about 5 casts before it disassembles. Before the day was out the my anti reverse button on my reel broke and the reel would freewheel backwards. They shouldn't be aloud to sell that junk.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Take them back. Wal-Mart will replace or refund them or your money. I agree about the quailty of some of their stuff. But I've never had a problem returning items.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Action...Were these Walmart Brand lures, or name brand bought at Walmart?

4. I don't know what kind they were, I threw away the box but it was an off brand and came in a 3 pack. I'll find out when I take the stuff back tonight. I have to exchange the reel since it was a gift, hopefully I get one that works for more than 1 outing.

5. speaking about walmart lures, anyone try those kinami worms they sell? they are a knock off of senkos and a few bucks cheaper. curious if the little extra is worth it for the real deal.

6. Senkos offer more color choices, but are otherwise the exact same product. The son of Gary Y markets them. However, they are also the same price per lure (there are fewer kinamis per pack).