close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

walmart employee trampled to death!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

ng trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers when a suburban Wal-Mart opened for the holiday sales rush Friday, authorities said.

At least three other people were injured.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede but said a "medical emergency" had caused the company to close the store, which is in Valley Stream on Long Island.

Nassau County police said the 34-year-old worker was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., an hour after the store opened. The cause of death was not immediately known.

A police statement said shortly after 5 a.m., a throng of shoppers "physically broke down the doors, knocking (the worker) to the ground." Police also said a 28-year-old pregnant woman was taken to a hospital for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries and were also taken to hospitals.

The dead worker's name was not released.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. But he said it would be "inappropriate for me to share any additional information" until authorities investigate further.

2. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

That is sad and almost unbelievable if you’ve never experienced it. But from what I’ve heard it’s nothing short of anarchy.

My wife has been doing the Black Friday morning shopping thing for over 10 years. She heads out with a few of her girlfriends (strength in numbers or back up just in case) at 3:00am and stays out till around 10 or 11am. She’s told me horror stores of fights and scuffles (they’ve never been in one yet) but she says they have a great time laughing at people and she does come home with some great buys. There’s not enough rice in china to get my butt out there.

3. That's sad news. My wife and I usually try to finish our Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. It's great to be able to enjoy the holidays without having the pressure of gift buying and fighting the crowds hanging over our heads.

4. Terrible thing to hear...like the stuff they were after wasnt going to be there in 5 minutes...and like they will have use for it now...once LE figures out exactly what happened and starts bringing charges.

5. The pics of the "shoppers"...

Looks more like "looters" to me...

Attached Files:

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Nice comment, you should get a nice BAN for that!

7. I wonder how much more of this stupidity it will take before the stores wake up and realize these black friday sales are trouble waiting to happen or it just becomes unpopular or illegal. With all the talk about how far we have come as a species these stories just prove we are all just a big stampede of dumb cattle. Its sad to hear about the loss of life and injuries but I bet the family of the deceased may never have to work or worry about money again.

8. Can we PLEASE close this thread before it gets out of hand!!!
    Some posts are being deleted and this is walking on a thin line...
    Posts at 4pm and 4:05 have been deleted.

9. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

I agree with Parma, that comment deserves a ban

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.