Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here troll with wally divers? what colors are you using?

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
I have found them to be quite effective eary in the year. Their appeal seems to wear off as summer approached. Blue/Chrome and Green/Chrome. Make sure you tune them.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The jointed Wally Divers have found a spot in my arsenal. Perch pattern and rainbow trout-looking pattern have been good for me in the summer in the original one-piece pattern.

I pull 'em behind boards with Snap weights or leadcore if needed.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
The Wally Diver was my 'go to' lure when I used to fish Mosquito every weekend.

In still use them on my Canada trips, and have a lot of success with them.

Favorites are the dark perch color (they also have a lighter perch color), chrome and black, and gold and black.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I have found them to be real good on certain lakes. Berlin Res. is one of them.
I've caught some pretty decent eyes trolling there with either a perch or chartreuse w/orange belly. The go to (or at least starting point) anywhere else for me is chrome/blue. When in doubt, troll everything you got for 10 min. each till you find what they want. Wally Demons work pretty well too. They are kind of similar but have a single chrome bearing mounted in the lip.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
I caught my first 10 pound eye on a the multi colored one. it was yellow, blue, pink, orange, all different colors, clown colored litterly, no the red head clown, they catch fish really good, I caught other walleye on that same bait before my bro decided to lose it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ohhh yea i love perch and gold i want to try the new joined ones but have not got out to buy them. i troll and cast them with great turn outs i have cout smallies large mouth walleye sauger and northerns on them they are a great lure .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts