Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - we ran back out to Lorain again yesterday although we got a late start. I ran over some of my lines from Wednesday but it seems they were taken over by farm animals...we struggled for a while baiting hooks over and over and removing white bass and white perch for an hour or two before I decided to take a different path...which turned out to be much much better. We had a mixed bag of dipsys and boards (with inline weights on one side and jets the other). I can't say that anything really consistently hit them versus the other, although 40 jet 150 back seemed to take the most. Beautiful day out there on the lake, good company, and we ended up with 13 nice fish, plus one suicidal jumbo perch. Speed was 1.8-2.1 :T

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well not every day can be a limit day but thats a cooler I'd be very happy with. Looks like the perfect size for the table too.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Was out there to and only can manage 3 keepers, man does lorain grow some big drums and some nice white bass to boot!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like a bunch of nice eater-sized fish! Would love to fill a cooler like that the next time I'm home!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That's a 55 gallon fishbox so they may appear smaller than they were, although I'd have to agree they were all nice table size! Avg size was 4-5lbs, with a couple small 'eaters' thrown in. We actually had 14 - I posted incorrectly, we were 4 shy of our tickets..but as mentioned, a great day out there regardless. The lake was beautiful and the company was entertaining...hard to beat a day out on the lake with friends pullin 'eyes :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts