walleyes/ leeches

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LJACKSON36, May 24, 2007.

1. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

I have heard that leeches are good for catching walleyes. I was wondering how many anglers here use them and if you do how do you rig them. i am relatively new to walleye fishing but i trying to learn different techniques. thanks.

2. In the summer a fireball jig/leech combo in the weeds can be deadly! More effective for me in shallow water...

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

As stated above and on a slib bobber rig. These are my favorite. Also on a lindy rig slow trolling or drifting. Just about everything else in the lake will eat those leeches also so you never know what you might catch.:D Good luck

4. After last year. I am a believer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hate it when they latch on to your hand! LOL
    The walleye tournament that BD 300 and I fished in this past weekend the first place guys used only leeches. They had a 5 fish total of 19.38 lbs (5 fish) Tappen Lake 6.5 +- was their big fish. do the math on the rest! Saugeyes

5. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

ok you guys have me convinced. i am going to have break out the bloodsuckers and give it a shot. thanks for the advice.