close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walleye

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tomahawk, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Has anyone got any walleye out of the river yet?

2. I have heard that a grand total of 2 fish have been caught. These were probably resident fish. I really think the water needs to get up to around 38degrees before it gets going. With the weather the last few days I think we are still 2 weeks from it even getting decent down there.

3. I'm sure at least 2 weeks away, wont be long though. :)

4. If the weather gets nice I would guess 7 to 10 days. If we keep getting this cold weather and snow it could be longer. I live about a block from the 5th St. bridge in Fremont, and I'll make a post when the action starts picking up.

5. I went down yesterday at buttonwood. fished mabye 2 hours and saw some high school kids shore fishing flip out and make it known to everyone they hooked up with a fish but lost it at the shore. I think it was a carp though. There were two guys walking out when i got there with 3 nice fish. I got there around 1 and they said they were there the whole morning so i guess you could say there are fish if you're really willing to work for em.