Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obviulsly could not post till after the tourney which got cancelled this weekend.So here it goes. Last weekend it was cranks bare naked 100 back and dipseys 3.5 setting 45 and 55 back and renosky perch 125 back. speed was 1.2 1.4 . Good fishing both days I was running harnesses on dispsey. gold blades with purple of chartruese beads worked. 42.5 pound for 5 biggest including a 12 and a half pounder that was a heck of a fat not spawned out female. All the rest of the females were spawned out. Areas were. between south bass and kelleys in 33 ft of water and up by the line between gull and lucys point.

Thursday and friday of this week. was all harness. 25 to 45 back 2 ounce inlines. with gold blades and chart beads and copper and red beads. speed was the same. areas were the same as above plus just west of north bass and between between rattle and green kind in the middle from east to west. Same dipsey program as above. Caught lots of fish and some were the rite ones for the tourney.
Hope this helps someones if they get out take care guys Gary Zart Blue Dolphin

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
Thanks for information Gary!

I'm in Atlanta working this week, wishing I was there, bad weather or not.

I'm sure someone will put this to good use.

Thanks again,

Kim

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
I will put this to work Monday. Planning on heading out of Mazurics and working north to Gull.... any good marks in the south passage?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Duckman, the slop chute would have been very difficult to fish since thurs morning. The East and N East winds had it rolling in there!

Scott

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Gary,
thanks so much for the report!! I'm relatively new to running harness and would love to attend one of your seminars sometime. Perhaps do one at a WBSA meeting?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Nice talking to you at the dock Friday. Had to stop and see Craig on the way home and pick up one of those Beckman nets. See you on the water.

·
Registered
942 Posts
We have a planned knot tieing and harness making workshop for our August meeting. Gary you are always more than welcome to join in.

·
Registered
333 Posts
we were there today...(sunday) between the Islands N of kelleys.....Managed one with LOTS of marks 10 to 20 foot down....Casting harnesses drifting BB's with harnesses and throwing cranks erie deeries multiple colors Jigs and whatever else we could find...and I think thats it...But lots of marks near the red can 10 o'clock from kelleys..
Tried out my 2160 bayliner trophy with a hardtop...and man was it NICE>>> No smacking the 6'er's out there it was Lots of 4's with some biggies mixed in....we camped at tuttle creek but Decided to head outta mazuriks. To Hide from the Horendous winds ! But it drifted at 1.9 mph with what felt like 25 to 35 mph winds......

Oh well be back up in a few weeks....was fun trying out the new boat...Didn't want to chance the reefs witha small craft adv. out...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the invite Marc. I did not think it was right to invite myself. I will be there. Just a suggestion we may want to do it in the july meeting so people have time to learn and to use since that will be peak harness time just a thought. Let me know what you think take care Gary

·
Registered
942 Posts
There won't be a meeting in July and the June meeting is at Cranberry and a Social meeting with a fish fry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts