Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another fun video! I'm jelous!
I agree with the guy making the comment though after the big fish was dropped... NO ROD PUMPING;).....
Dang muskie guys,lol.... looks like a productive day,on a sweet looking boat!
Another fun video! I'm jelous!
I agree with the guy making the comment though after the big fish was dropped... NO ROD PUMPING;).....
Dang muskie guys,lol.... looks like a productive day,on a sweet looking boat!
Thanks! Yeah, I did pump it a little, but when the fish got off I was pretty much holding steady pressure. Sometimes the fish just win! lol We had a ton of fun!! I do wish I had the hook removal procedure on video, but it wasn't meant to be. Oh well!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Man this is the year of the hooks in the thumb and fingers. I took a hook in the thumb about 2 months ago. First time in over 50 years of fishing. It was deep, to deep to take out myself. Had to go to urgent care in port clinton. I am a sissy lol
I know use the grips each and every time getting the hooks out. That will never happen again. Lord willing of course.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I once had a treble from a Rapala buried in my finger. My 2 fishing buddies were of no help. One would pass out at the sight of blood and the other wasn't any help. I used the looped line method which I've used on others before. The hook came out easily but the second treble got me. Lesson learned: remove hooks from the lure before trying to get out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A couple of years ago had a Walleye at Lake Erie shake and sink a treble in My finger. I couldn’t push it out because the angle would have been underneath My fingernail so urgent care had to cut it out. From now on I carry Fish Grips it’s just not worth the risk without them

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
What fish grippers do you guys like best?
I need to order in a few of them for my boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,005 Posts
Boga grip, there is none better.
But you can get away with the less expensive ones. Just be prepared to break a few fish jaws or have them pop out when the fish jumps.
I've got plenty of photos with my kids as young as 8 holding big fish.
Rickerd

Attachments

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I use those same plastic grips and they work great. I still manage to get hooked once or twice a year, I keep a new clean pair of side cuts in my 1st aide kit incase the hook needs cut in order to be clear of other hooks for removal. Then I just grab that sucker with a pair of pliers and yank it out on as close to the same angle it went it. Fish on!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
After my impalement I also keep a quality pair of side cutters on the boat.
I tried a Leatherman but it wasn't happening. Those hooks are kinda stout and at the time you don't really want to be screwing around trying to cut them. Good investment for the boat...and a Boga.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I use these (except in green)

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I've been using these since they first came out. I can't remember when, but it's been a long time.
I used to fish for smallmouth only, and you will definitely get hooked by them without these vise grips.
I can also remember my buddy's teasing me about them, but they all have them now.
These work MUCH better than the ones with the scale built in. Yes, i have them both.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do they make them in a non pink version? lol :p:D:D

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,137 Posts
I've been using these since they first came out. I can't remember when, but it's been a long time.
I used to fish for smallmouth only, and you will definitely get hooked by them without these vise grips.
I can also remember my buddy's teasing me about them, but they all have them now.
These work MUCH better than the ones with the scale built in. Yes, i have them both.

Ahhhhh,,,, ?????
(you know me, I HATE to be a S A,,,,,, but I just gotta ask,,)

Where the ^%$#@! were they,,,, AFTER you threw the needle nose over the side!!!???

lmbo,,,,,, LMBO,,,, ;>) ;>)

Good Times,,,,,,, are never forgotten.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts