Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how this cold spell will effect the spawn. i read that a bad one could make them reabsorb their eggs. is this one bad enough to make that happen? can it delay the spawn a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
304 Posts
It takes multiple cold snaps for them to reabsorb there eggs.This weather here will delay the spawn but most likely just by days.I like it,gives a few extra days for the night bite.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Sorry fella's. I should have paid closer attention to the heading. I was talking about crappies. Sorry.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The eyes are already spawning! The sad part is you will only get the jacks to hit during this out of aggression. The females are not biting!!! This is where people get all this talk this time of the year of snagging. Once they are done they will drop back to the deep rest a while then become active again. Once the water temps get to the mid 50's it's all over but the crying. But you can still fish shallow bay areas in the evenings for them, but they like cover. WATER TEMPS mean everything.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys. guess i'm going to have to fish a little harder the next few weeks. never fished for the eyes this early before, so i guess i'm still learning. thanks. phate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts