Walleye Seminar - Gander Mountain - Niles

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jcfishing, Feb 14, 2009.

1. As part of their Outdoor Education Series, the Gander Montain in Niles, Ohio, in conjunction with Contender Trolling Spoons presents:

HEAVY-WEIGHT WALLEYE
    Great Lakes Trolling Techniques
    Hosted By Contender Spoons Pro-Staff Members:
    John Csizmadia & Sammy Cappelli

Sunday, March 8th & Saturday, March 14th
    10:30 AM - 12:00PM
    Gander Mountain Lodge
    2390 Niles Cortland Rd
    Niles,Ohio 44484
    (330)544-5800​

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Im going too have to make that one. Isnt many in the area. Thanks man!

3. We've had a lot of questions regarding the seminar topics. Here they are:
    Seminar Topics

Keys To Successful Trolling
    Find The fish
    Determine Presentation
    Refine The Presentation

Trolling Fundamentals
    Depth Control
    Speed/Boat Control

Presentation Systems
    Lure Selection
    Delivery Method
    Tackle & Equipment Selection
    Effective Trolling Programs

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  4. Stop by the seminars to get a sneak peak at the new CONTENDER SPINNER BLADES!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Sammy and I are looking forward to meeting all of you at the seminar.

6. Toledo Gander is giving out scratch off tickets ,,seems like they are all $5 next purchase

7. Wow! Sammy and I are truly grateful for the opportunity to spend our time talking walleye with everyone who attended our seminar today. It's an honor and a privilege to share our experiences with a group of avid walleye anglers, and we learned a lot from all of your experiences as well. We had a great time, and hope everyone picked up something that will help them have more fun catching fish and enjoying their time on the water! Special thanks to the folks who had to stand the whole time :)! The staff at Gander Mountain has assured us that they will have more seats set up for the seminar on Saturday the 14th!(Your support was awesome!) Kudos to Gander Mountain and Contender Spoons for all that they do to support our sport, and a huge thank you to OGF for providing an open forum to support the angling community and to help promote these events!

There were a lot of great questions and some excellent suggestions as well. Many of you asked if the seminar on the 14th would be different than the one we presented today. The answer is yes! Sammy and I are tweaking things up on the Great Lakes Trolling Techniques and due to numerous requests we've decided to add a special segment on Trolling Techniques for Inland Lakes. If you enjoyed this last seminar, the one we're presenting on the 14th will have new big water information as well as the bonus segment on trolling our local inland lakes for walleye!

Sammy and I have also decided to free up more time after the seminar to hang out and talk with everyone in attendance. Heck, we'll stay and talk fishing till the store closes and after that we can run over to Inner Circle and pick up where we left off! Our thanks to all for your support!

We're looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday the 14th at 10:30.

Sincerely,

JC & Sammy

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. GREAT seminar, the presentation and different tactics was specifially very interesting and should greatly improve the outcome of my days on the boat! cant wait for the 14th! thanks for your time to both you and sami!

9. snag

snag

there are some seminars going on up this way also,on the 14th a muskie one at 1pm and a steelhead one at 3pm and on the 21st Marcia Rubin will be doing a bass seminar,,there,s a lake erie one the following week about using dipseys and jet divers.....

10. Mac

Mac

John, Sammy, thanks, great seminar. Learned quite a few things that I can do to improve on my trolling and put a few more walleye in the boat. Will try to make the 24th. My Gander scratch off was 15% off so picked up a few things while I was there.

11. Mac,

We're glad you enjoyed the seminar. The next date is Saturday March 14th. We'll be changing things up a bit. Hope you can make it.

12. placek24,

Thanks for your comments. Sammy and I had a great time. We're gearing things up for the 14th. See you there!

13. Many of you asked if the seminar on the 14th would be different than the one we presented on the 8th. The answer is yes! Sammy and I are tweaking things up on the Great Lakes Trolling Techniques and due to numerous requests we've decided to add a special segment on Trolling Techniques for Inland Lakes. If you enjoyed this last seminar, the one we're presenting on the 14th will have new big water information as well as the bonus segment on trolling our local inland lakes for walleye!

We'll review the basics and then focus on the big water techniques that you want to learn more about! We'll have a lot to discuss on trolling techniques for our local inland lakes and we'll have all the gear we use for those apllications on hand as well!

Sammy and I have also decided to free up more time after the seminar to hang out and talk with everyone in attendance. Heck, we'll stay and talk fishing till the store closes and after that we can run over to Inner Circle and pick up where we left off! Our thanks to all for your support!

P.S. The staff at Gander Moutain has assured us that there will be extra chairs so no one has to stand this time!

We're looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday the 14th at 10:30.

Sincerely,

JC & Sammy

14. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Just wanted to bump this up, I went last week and these guys do a great job. Anyone having free time tomorrow morning I would recomend running up to see it.

15. Thanks again to all who were involved with the seminars that Sammy and I presented. We had another nice turnout today. Lots of great questions and hopefully we had some good answers :). We want to extend our sincere appreciation to Gander Mountain, Contender Trolling Spoons and OGF for all of their help and support. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions or PM me with any questions you may have. Sammy and I learned a lot from all of you, and we want to learn more about what you'd like to see us present in future seminars.We had a great time, made a lot of friends, and we hope to see you all out on the water soon!

Sincerely,
    JC & Sammy

16. Thanks again to everyone who attended our seminars. Sammy and I enjoyed meeting all of you! Special thanks to Gander Mountain and Contender Trolling Spoons for their awesome support! Besides these two pics, we video taped the seminar on 3/8. I'll post a follow up when it is on my website www.jcfishing.com, U tube etc. (I'm still figuring out how all that works!):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]