Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning at Long Lake I saw a boat trolling up and back, same lane in 25ish ft. Didn’t drop the net that I saw but they had it ready. Are there Saugeye or Walleye in there?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I have fished long for YEARS never caught an eye. But I constantly see people trolling there. Hard saying for sure. Crappies cats even bass possibly I suppose

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I saw a guy trolling the east side of the lake one summer evening. He said he was trolling for bass. I've never heard of a walleye coming out of there before.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
15 to 20 years ago there were saugeye in portage lakes. you would hear from time to time of someone catching one. i caught a 21 incher in turkeyfoot one fall but like the musky they are gone

·
fishfinder1
281 Posts
Over 20 years ago I caught 5 saugeye from North Reservoir while spring crappie fishing. It was a cold rainy day and ice would form in my rod guides. The eyes were all between 15 -16 inches. Never happened again after that day.
ODNR quit stocking them in Nimisila because they kept ending up in lake Erie I was told by a wildlife officer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts