close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

walleye run

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by godzilla, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Has anybody heard if they are catching in walleye on the reefs yet.Just wondering if anybody has been able to launch a boat to bag some early spring fever walleyes. :confused:

2. Will let you know when we get out there, havent heard anything yet.

3. I was on maumee bait and tackle this morning and they said that some guys came in with jacks yesterday. I think it will be a week or so before it is on. Hope that helps.

4. thanks for the info,think about heading down to the river this afternoon 54' means I have to get out.Talk to you guys later.

5. Spent a few hours down there this afternoon. Got one legal fish and lost one legal. Only saw 2 fish foul hooked and I only bumped 2 others. 6-8 guys had one fish each. Not in there heavy yet but was good to get back down there.

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey..if you don't mind sharing a little info here.. what kinda colors did u use to catch those fish??
    its good to hear people starting to catch them already.. i can't wait.. :D

7. Mid-size head and tail both in chartruse. Tried a variety of colors. I caught that fish on my second cast and went 2 hours before I got another hit and that was on a green head with a motor oil with gold flake tail. If I were you I would give it some time before I drove all the way from Columbus but hey thats up to you.

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i just don't like to fish with hundreds of people, in the same pool.. plus early bird gets the worm..lol or in this case, a cold .. perhaps.. :)

9. Fished with die4irsh aka my brother today and got skunked all but a carp and he caught about a 42" gar at white street. Saw a few singles on stringer but no limits,Swantucky I'm from Metamora were you fishing blue grass island.

10. Yes I was fishing Bluegrass 50 yards below the rapids. I think it will be too high to get oput there today so I think I am heading upstream to white street.

11. hey ak shoot me a pm if you're heading up here sometime. As for colors i usually use chart head with white tail and switch to chart tail if its a little slow. Of course depending on the hole i'm fishing and if there are lots of snags i fish whatever color jig tail combo i can catch floating down the river. free is always better than losing your own stuff.