Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the walleye night bite been from shore lately? I was going to get out last night, but the water seemed pretty muddy. How much longer do you guys think we have before they are gone?

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Archman,
Night bite has been terrific from Lorain to Huron from shore and by boat. Couple more weeks at best from shore. Water is stained this way, couple more days of SW wind and it will be fishable again.

KDawg

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Lundy43123,
Thanks for inviting me to the new site ! Didn't get out Saturday at all, baby came down with a bug so he got my attention over the walleye ! Can't wait until he's old enough to go fishing with me, has to be a memorable moment everytime you get out with your son. Looks like you did alright considering all the wind shifts. Take care and let me know when you plan your next trip up this way.

KDawg

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
72nd Street last night: One 28" hen on floating firetiger Rapala, slow retrieve, about 10:15pm. Fought like a rubber boot full of water. I saw no others caught.
72nd Street Wednesday night: One 27.5" and one 29.5" hen on firetiger Rapala, slow retrieve, both around 9:00pm. I saw no others caught in my area.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went down to Edgewater tonight, heard two fish were caught about 10:00. I had two solid hits, but didn't hook either one.

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
I went to 72nd Street again last night. Got another eye at about 9:15 or so. This one was smaller, only 24.5". It had a fresh 5.5" fish in its stomach along with a couple smaller ones. Not sure what they were. Not smelt, shiners, gobies, ruffe, or small bass. Blunt nose, large eyes. Fish caught on large firetiger Rapala look-alike.

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
72nd Street Friday night: two eyes 24" & 25" and lost a third one. Firetiger Bomber. I went to the breakwall at Grand River Sunday night for a little over an hour casting a Jerk, nothing.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Went to edgewater last night. Took too home one 26' and the other 32' 10 pounds. I feel like a lucky man.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I caught 2 on Saturday and Sundday night. The action was great until those storms way out there started kicking up the water last night. I hope this keeps up for another week or so.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Last night at edegewater was slow. only hooked up with one lost him at the rocks . after that no fish or hits for 3 hours. and then the rain came down

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe, what time did you stay til? I caught one on my 5th cast at 8:45, and then waited in my car for the storms to pass. I then caught 3 more at about 11:15 in a span of 20 minutes.

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
I caught three at 72nd Street last night. 28", 26", 24" all on firetiger Rapala. Very slow retrieve, just below the surface. All caught after the thunderstorm passed. They hit like bass on topwater and fought a little better than previous fish. I could see shad jumping and walleye chasing/hitting them on the surface once in a while, really cool. I tried a clown suspending Rattlin Rogue, a chartreuse jointed lure, and blue/silver floating Rattlin Rogue, but they wanted the firetiger Rapala.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Archman Left edegewater at 9:00 when it started to rain. The night must have picked up for you. Hopefully they will be hittin tonight.

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
I fished 72nd Street again last night, lost two and landed one 27" female. All hooked after the thunderstorm. Firetiger Rapala. Fish seemed less active than last night but I did some hitting surface bait.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We went out after the rain stopped, and saw about 10 fish on stringers that were just caught. We must have been bad luck because the bite completely shut off when we got out there.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Hopefully we all can have a good night to night. I think I'll be down at the edge about 8:00. The water getting a lot warmer. Not to much longer.

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
I have the night off tonight, anyone willing to hook up with me at edge and show me the ropes. I have never fished erie from shore, nor do I know how to get there, nor do I know what to bring. Basically I am one of those babby geese right now that need to be under mammas wing..haha....I live in the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area and get off work at 5pm. Can anyone help me out????

flash----------------------out

p.s. you can either email me or PM me. Thanks guys...

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
I prolly won't be doing the walleye tonight, my daughter just got her temp driving permit and I'm taking her somewhere to practice. After that I'll need sedation. I would go to the Eastlake wall if they didn't charge to fish. I'm only 5 min away but they'll not get my money.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steelmagoo, do they catch walleye there in Eastlake this time of the year? You are right, they won't be getting my money either.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts