close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walleye Night Bite

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DeathFromAbove, Nov 2, 2008.

1. We hit Luna Pier on Wed. Night. There wasn't a fish caught there all nightThe water was very clear but about 18 inches low. Some of the guys said there had been some success before dawn, so we're hitting it again tuesday morning about 4:00 A.M. with waders. Will post my results. Was gonna hit Catawba tonight, but there's an east wind blowing, so Playing Tiger Woods instead. Anyone else hitting the Piers Yet?

2. i hit it last night with a friend and it sucked to say the least, the blow we had last week still has it screwed up.

3. SteelyDeacon

SteelyDeacon Reelin' Wanderer

Was out on the Lorain Pier last night until about 11:15 PM. Lots of fishermen--no fish! Heard a rumor that 3 had been taken on the east side of the landfill rocks, but I don't go there. Lots of bait fish. Water pretty clear. Boater said he saw a large school roll in to Lorain harbor in the late afternoon. Threw everything at them that he had with no success.

4. SteelyDeacon

SteelyDeacon Reelin' Wanderer

Out at Lorain pier again last night. Two stragglers taken from the eastern rocks of the pier landfill. Three boats near the pier were also fishless. Communications with Huron pier found 40 fishermen on the western rocks with only a single steelhead between them, and 0 walleye. Maybe the change in weather will blow the bait and walleyes inshore this weekend? Hope so!:S

5. Hi fellow walleye fanatics. I was wondering if the night bite Erie has gotten any better since last weekend. If anyone knows send me a message and tell me where and what they are biting on.

6. Yanky

Yanky shakesbeard

i was out saturday for about an hour and a half and caught nothing. the shad were still there in quantity too. i assume we are really close to some good fishing. perhaps this cold front will kill off some of the bait and the eyes will have to come in farther to shore for food.

7. Hit Luna Pier a week ago monday and caught nothing. No fish caught all night. Water was up and crystal clear. Talked to a guy who went 4 for 8 the Friday before, and another guy who got one that night. Guy said the water was a little murky Friday, maybe made the differance, who knows. Just a slow year.

8. do alot of night fishing for saugeye in central ohio lakes would love to try for some walleye at night any advice or general spots would be appricated, love the name death spent a couple yrs in the 82nd, all the way